Topics

Saturday 27 April 2013

Double Page Spread Interview


Interview

Hot Bollywood bombshell Trisha Kapoor was born on November 21st 1995 to Shilpa Kapoor and Shah Ruk Khan in the Southern Indian state of Karnataka. Her mother Shilpa was a famous model during her time. Trisha’s native language is Tulu and she can also fluently speak Hindi, Marathi, Gujrati, Tamil, French and English. She attended St Anthony Girls' High School in Chembur and then went to Podar College. She was the captain of the school baseball team and has earned a black belt in Karate.

She was chosen as the 'Model of the Year' by Kingfisher at its Fashion Awards; and further was awarded the 'Female Model of the Year' award in commercial assignments category and 'Fresh Face of the Year' at Idea Zee Fashion F Awards. She is also planning to attend the Victoria’s secrets this year and hoping to be chosen as the top first.



Trisha is back with her fantastic new album ‘Ha to the Haters’, which is her fourth studio album. Two years, Trisha sang for the stars – she provided vocals on hits by Drake, Jay Z, who mentored her, and perhaps most famously Kanye West, for whom she sang in his single ‘Otis’. We caught up with her to chat about the new album, a change in her sound and what lies ahead in 2013.

 

Your new album is ‘Ha To The Haters’ so what can fans expect from your new collection of tracks?

 

Well, what is different to this album compared to other releases is that there are more upbeat songs on this one - I think I would call it more hip hop. I have tended to write a lot of long raps in the past rather than singing and showing off my vocals, but this time I made a conscious effort to have more of a balance (laughs). I expect  my new single to be a  hit in America and travel the world.

 

Can you describe the process of turning your songs into a video? Do you have a lot of input?

Definitely! That’s my thing. Usually because I wrote the song, I have a story of where it came from. I talk to key people about that story and then we get a director and they have a vision and they write out what is called a “treatment” and summarise what the video could be about. From there I’ll ask, can we add this or change that, or is there anything else we could do to make it better?  And eventually it comes into place. I really do like to be involved so that what you see is part of who I am.  The best video director I’ve worked with is Warren Chambers, he directed some work by Madonna and Rihanna which I really liked, I like it when female artists can use the opportunity to be chameleons.

 

I was reading that it wasn't until you were about 16 that you wanted to pursue singing, so what made you eventually go down this path?

 

I don’t know really. I have always loved writing and I use to write a lot of poetry and I wanted to be a film director and all of that creative stuff. People don’t realise that I actually used to be quite shy and didn’t like attention much, but now that’s changed, I want to show the whole world what I’m capable of.  I did a school concert when I was fifteen and I sung by myself and I realised that I could sing by myself and I just started doing it like that really and just fell in love with it.

I had the chance, as everyone knows, to compete in X Factor USA when I was 17, a few years ago and that changed everything. It blew me away. The fact that everyone was looking at me, I was burning up. It catapulted me into the limelight and then nothing else mattered. Yes, I sang in that competition but they encouraged me to rap also when I was covering other artist’s songs. I have to rap. It’s miles apart from anything else in terms of how it makes me feel.

 

So, who is your role model?

 

Ummm, I would say Nicole Scherzinger, as she has inspired me a lot especially her dance moves, and I would love her to come and teach me belly dancing as well as singing.

 

Tell me about your family, are they influenced by your talent?

 

Well, yes indeed, my father stood by my side since I made this decision, my mother however has died, and I really wanted her to see me succeed in my future, and here I am saying these words that I’ve been saying to my mother before she died. Now she’s in heaven, hopefully proud of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment